Just a little FYI

If you want to see a picture enlarged and/or more clearly, just click on it!

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Privilege



This dear couple are very special to me.  They were serving their 4th mission in the Manila Temple when I was in the Philippines finishing my mission.  
I am sure they are the Americans I met that day in the temple.
I felt honored to have the opportunity to take their extended family picture on Thanksgiving Day.
It was an exciting reunion for them all to be together: their four children and all of their grandchildren save the one full-time missionary.
A few weeks later, their amazing, young grandson graduated from this life, having endured brain cancer for several years.  Thank you for letting me be a part of your day.



Ironically, this family photo, of a different family, was taken just weeks before, in early November.  Grandma and Grandpa wanted everyone to gather on the Bountiful Temple steps for a big photo with their little super-hero, who also passed away from a type of brain cancer.  
He went home to heaven 2 weeks after this was taken.
I feel humbled and  grateful for opportunities like these.  
Thank you.....

1 comment:

  1. This post made me a little teary. I'm sure it was bitter-sweet, taking pics of those 2 families.

    ReplyDelete